Trade and Investment Officer in Canada
Trade and Investment Officer
The Embassy is seeking a highly motivated professional to play a key role in developing and implementing strategies for Icelandic companies entering the Canadian market and attracting foreign investment to Iceland. The Trade and Investment Officer will also work on projects promoting Icelandic industries to the Canadian market.
Potential candidates must have the ability to combine a result- and sales-oriented mindset with research and analytical skills. Key industries include manufacturing, retail and investment. The trade and investment officer will work under the direction of the Icelandic Invest and Trade office in New York and the Ambassador in Ottawa. The employee will be located in the Embassy of Iceland at 360 Albert Street in Ottawa.
· Consulting for Icelandic companies interested in entering the Canadian market
· Execute research strategies, including desk research and interviewing
· Participate in sales efforts—from lead generation to proposal-writing and closing deals—directed towards companies in Iceland
· Assist in event planning and scheduling meetings on behalf of clients
· Analyze market characteristics and market entry strategies for client companies
· Work within project plans, keeping to internal deadlines and adhering to budgets
· Coordinate, manage and execute industry driven promotional programs, meeting programs and marketing efforts
· Although investment and trade work will be the main function of the employee he/she may from time to time be asked to assist with any other work of the Embassy
· Occasional travel may be required on behalf of the Embassy or client companies
· A bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, business administration, international relations or related field
· At least five years of relevant professional experience
· Project and client management experience
· Advanced presentation, communication and analytical skills
· International work or academic experience, with experience of the Nordic countries will be considered an advantage
· A strong ability to work as a member of international project teams
· Permanent Canadian work permit
· Fluency in English is required and the ability to speak French will be considered an advantage
· An ability to read and write Icelandic along with basic knowledge of the Icelandic market will be considered an advantage
The Embassy is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants should please make their needs known in advance. If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the embassy.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume / CV and cover letter with salary requirements to the Embassy at: email@example.com, before Monday, the 5th of February 2018. Please direct any questions to the same email address.