The Permanent Mission of Iceland represents Iceland at the United Nations HQ in New York. The Mission is led by the Permanent Representative of Iceland to the UN and has a staff of seven people.
The position of the Personal Assistant to the Permanent Representative is vacant as of 1 February for a local NYC recruitment. The PA is responsible for administrative and operational support to the Permanent Representative and has the main responsibility for the Archives and the Reception of the Permanent Mission. The PA assists and takes care of other duties at the Mission as directed by the PR, taking into consideration that the Mission is small and all staff are expected to be able and willing to deal with all tasks related to its operation.
The Mission is seeking a sociable, hard-working, flexible and service-oriented individual who is willing to become a valued member of a small but effective team that takes pride in representing Iceland at the UN.
· At least one year of college education and preferably a BA/BS degree.
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in Icelandic is desirable.
· Good computer literacy with focus on MS Office, Lotus Notes and Internet and Social Media.
· Knowledge of the UN system and Icelandic society and administration is an advantage.
· Also desirable is a valid US drivers license and willingness and capability to take on occasional driving assignments on behalf of the Mission.
· A valid work permit in the US.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to the the Deputy Permanent Representative, Mr. Nikulás Hannigan, (email@example.com] before end of business 26 January. Mr. Hannigan is also available for further information and or clarifications if needed.