Individual Tourism

Please note that you will be asked for a ‘return check’ to document that your main stay was Iceland. Information about the application will be shared with the other Schengen countries and applying under false circumstances may affect future applications for the Schengen area.

In order to ensure quick and efficient visa processing you must prepare all necessary documentation before you submit the application package to the Embassy.

Failing to submit all relevant documentation will result in unnecessary delays or refusal. Therefore, please do not approach the visa reception before you have collected all supporting documentation. Personal appearance is requested.

Document Checklist for an Individual Tourist Schengen visa.

  • Itinerary (in Icelandic or in English) covering the whole stay in Iceland and Schengen, stating the planned dates and places of stay. Evidence of accommodation (hotel reservation) for the whole trip in the Schengen area, including the names of hotels and their telephone and fax numbers as well as duration of stay in different hotels.
  • Flight reservation with confirmation of round trip from the airlines.
    Attention: A confirmed return ticket. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been issued!
  • “Schengen Visa Application Form” duly completed and signed.Original required.
  • A passport photo, attached to Schengen Visa Application Form.
    - In colour, 3 x 4 cm (approx. 1.2 x 1.6 inch)
    - Facing forward, white background
  • Passport, valid at least 90 days after expiry of the visa. Must have at least 2 blank pages.
  • Copy of the applicant’s passport identity page (incl. extension date if applicable)
  • Travel Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro (300,000 CNY) for the effective stay in the Schengen area.
  • Copy of all pages with the content of the applicant’s Hukou (original to be shown)
  • Copy of the ID card (original to be shown)
  • Proof (translated into English) of owning real estate property.
  • Proof of financial means/solvency for the stay in Iceland. Bank statements from the last 3 to 6 months,no deposits
  • For employes:
    - Proof of the solvency of your (employer’s) company, if the company pays the costs of travel and living; or
    - Proof of your personal solvency, in case personally covering the costs of travel and living
    - Proof of solvency for employees:
    a sealed copy of the business licence of employing company
    a letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
    address, telephone and fax numbers of the company
    the name and position in the company of the countersigning officer
    the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service
    approval for leave or absence
  • For minors(under 18):
    -Notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship needs to be legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, one photocopy thereof. (legalized Certificate of family relation/ proof of guardianship must be translated into English) -Bank statement from parent(s)
    -Student card and original letter of the school(The original letter from the school must be translated into English)
    full address, telephone and fax number of the school
    permission for absence
    Name and function of the person giving permission.
    Minors travelling alone or with one parent:
    -Notary Certificate of permission to travel from either parents or legal guardian,one photocopy thereof.(when minor is travelling alone), or the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent)
    Notary Certificate of permission to travel needs to be legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and when not in China, attested by the relevant authoritiesin the country of residence
    .one photocopy thereof.
    In case of divorced parents: Divorce certificate with proof of custody in original
  • For retired persons:
    - Proof of pension or other regular income
  • For unemployed adults:
    -If married: Letter of employment and income of the spouse + Notary certificate of marriage, legalised by MFA.
    If single/divorced/widow/widower: Any other proof of regular income
  • A letter of the working unit or company (with address, telephone and fax of the employer, stamp and signature with name and position of the person who signed) stating: working position; salary; approval for leave; confirmation of working relationship after the trip abroad. If applicant is retired a retirement certificate is required (original, copy and English translation).
  • Documentation on former travels abroad; if relevant an old passport should be attached the application
  • Visa fee: EUR 60 in accordance with montlhy exchange rate.

Non-Chinese citizens are required to submit copy of valid Chinese residence permit.

If you fail to supply the necessary documents mentioned above, the decision-making process of your case may be delayed. The Embassy may call you for additional documents or information if necessary.

Video Gallery

View more videos