Visa for Family visit
In order to ensure quick and efficient visa processing you must prepare all necessary documentation before you submit the application package to the Embassy. Failing to submit all relevant documentation will result in unnecessary delays or refusal. Therefore, please do not approach the visa reception before you have collected all supporting documentation. Personal appearance is requested.
Document Checklist for Private/Family Schengen visa.
- Passport, valid at least 90 days after expiry of the visa. Must have at least 2 blank pages.
- 1 “Schengen Visa Application Form” duly completed. Original required.
1 passport photo.
- In colour, 3 x 4 cm (approx. 1.2 x 1.6 inch)
- Facing forward, white background
When applying for a visa for multiple visits: reservation of the first visit. Attention: A confirmed return ticket. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been issued!
- Travel Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro (300,000 CNY) for the effective stay in the Schengen area. Original and copy.
- Letter or certificate confirming employment or school stating a) applicant name, b) position, c) guarantee of leave and d) travel dates. Please include a) address, b) telephone numbers, c) seal and signature of the company or the school. If the applicant is unemployed a notarised non-criminal record is required. If applicant is retired a retirement certificate is required (original, copy and English translation).
- In case of family visit: A notarised proof of kinship certificate which certifies the family relationship with the reference.
In a case of minors travelling (under 18):
- Notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship
needs to be legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs,
one photocopy thereof. (legalized Certificate of family relation/ proof of guardianship must be translated into English)
- Bank statement from parent(s)
- Student card and original letter of the school(The original letter from the school must be translated into English)
full address, telephone and fax number of the school
permission for absence
Name and function of the person giving permission.
Minors travelling alone or with one parent:
- Notary Certificate of permission to travel from either parents or legal guardian,one photocopy thereof.(when minor is travelling alone), or the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent)
Notary Certificate of permission to travel needs to be legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and when not in China, attested by the relevant authoritiesin the country of residence one photocopy thereof.
In case of divorced parents: Divorce certificate with proof of custody in original
- Copy of all pages with content of the applicant’s Hukou with english translation
- Copy of the applicant’s passport identity page (incl. extension data if applicable).
- Copy of the ID card (original to be shown).
- Proof of financial means/solvency for the stay in Iceland. Bank statements from the last 3 to 6 months,no deposits. Please note that invitee can only be a financial guarantore in cases of spouse or a minor child.
Invitation letter (in English of Icelandic) signed by the invitee. Origanl needed
NOTE: It is required that the invitation letter is also e-mailed as a PDF document including signature from the Icelandic inviter directly to the Embassy(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In case of Chinese reference in Iceland: Copy of valid residence permit for entire period of requested Schengen visa
- Visa fee: EUR 60 in accordance with montlhy exchange rate.
Non-Chinese citizens are required to submit copy of valid Chinese residence permit.
If you fail to supply the necessary documents mentioned above, the decision-making process of your case may be delayed. The Embassy may call you for additional documents or information if necessary.