Name: Pétur Ásgeirsson
Date of birth: November 3, 1962
Family: Married to Mrs. Jóhanna Gunnarsdóttir, lawyer. Two sons, Ásgeir Hafsteinn, b. 1991, Magnús b. 1993.
- Economist from the University of Stirling, Scotland, 1987.
- Studied Law and Philosophy, University of Iceland, 1983
Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Reykjavík
- Consul General in Nuuk from July 1, 2013.
- Appointed Ambassador in the Icelandic Foreign Scervice from June 1, 2013.
- Director General for Administration and Consular Affairs from 2009 to 2013.
- Director for Administration and Consular Affairs from 2006.
- Deputy Director for Administration from 1999.
Ministry for Science, Education and Culture, Reykjavík
- Head of Division for Planning and Development from 1996 to 1999.
- Specialist, Finance Division from 1994 to 1996.
- Political Advisor to Minister Ólafur G. Einarsson from 1993 to 1994.
Apple Computer, Iceland. Head of Division for Educational Services from 1991 to 1993.
TOK Computer Services, Reykjavík, General Manager, from 1989 to 1991.
The Central Bank of Iceland, Division for Monetary Policy, 1987.
Committees and Boards
- Member of the Board of Directors for Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre. 2012, 2013.
- Prime Ministers Office, Task Force on the Security of the Central Government and the President of Iceland, from Jan. 2012.
- Chairman for the Organizing Committee for the Icelandic participation at Expo 2010 Shanghai. 2008 to 2011.
- Board member for Austurhöfn -TR ehf, Harpa East Harbour Project - The Icelandic National Conference and Concert Centre, Reykjavík. A private company owned by the State of Iceland and the City of Reykjavík. From 2003 to 2012.
- Committee on the Selection of Art in the new wing at the Keflavik International Airport. Chairman. 2000.
- Committee on an IT Centre for Education, Chairman, 1998.
- Committee on a computer system for Icelandic Libraries. Chairman.1998.
- Board Member for the Fulbright institution in Iceland from 1994 to 1998. Chairman of the Board from 1997-1998.
- Committee on the development of GoPro, a case handling system for the Government, Chairman from Oct. 1997 to Feb. 2000.
- Prime Ministers Office, Task Force on the Information Society, from Oct. 1997 to June 1999.
- Committee on storing Electronic documents in the National Archive. Chairman. 1997.
- Committee on housing for the Icelandic ballet. 1996.
- Working group on Budgetary Matters, EFTA-EU, from 1996 to 2013.
- Nordic Council Committee on the use of Computers in Schools. 1996.
- Committee on the Service Charges in Public Institutions, Ministry for Finance, 1996.
- Committee on finances of the Icelandic Opera. 1995.
- Committee on the IT- policy of the Ministry for Science, Education and Culture, 1995.
- Medialex Committee of the Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 1995.