H.E. MARTIN EYJÓLFSSON
· Permanent Representative to the United Nations Office at Geneva and to the World Trade Organization, since September 2012.
· Ambassador to Liechtenstein, since December 2012.
· Ambassador to the Holy See, since December 2013.
· Director General MFA – External Trade and Economic affairs, 2012.
· Director MFA – European affairs, 2007.
· Deputy Director MFA, Department of External Trade, 2007.
· Head of Overseas Business Services MFA, 2003-2004.
· Head of Unit MFA – International Trade Agreements, 2002-2003.
· Legal expert EU and EEA law – MFA 1996-1998.
· LDC Facilitator WTO Ministerial Meeting, Nairobi 2015.
· Chairman of the WTO Council for Trade in Services, 2015-2016.
· Chairman of the WTO Committee on Balance-of-Payments Restrictions, 2014-2015.
· Member of Chief Negotiation Committee on Iceland’s Membership to EU, 2009-2012.
· IMF Programme of Iceland - Negotiations, 2008.
· Icesave Negotiation Committee, 2008-2009.
· Negotiations with various countries on Foreign Currency Reserves, 2009.
· Negotiations on various Air Services Agreements from 2002-2011.
· EEA Enlargement negotiations, 2007.
· EEA Enlargement negotiations, 2004.
· Legal pleadings before the Court of Justice of the European Communities and the EFTA Court on behalf of the Government of Iceland.
· Has published articles on EU law in domestic and international journals and given lectures in Universities in Iceland on EU law.
· Cand. Juris. University of Iceland, Faculty of Law, Reykjavík, Iceland.
· Born 18 May 1971 in the Westman Islands, Iceland.
· Married to Eva Thengilsdóttir (cand.oecon, MPA). Three children; Thengill (1991), Sylvía (1999) and Tinna (2001).
· Played football in the Icelandic Premier League for 5 years with IBV.