Overseas Business Services
The Overseas Business Services (OBS) was established in 1997 as part of the Icelandic Foreign Service. Its main task is to coordinate the work of trade counsellors in Icelandic Embassies around the world. It aims to meet demands of Icelandic firms concerning business opportunities abroad.
Supporting the foreign expansion of Icelandic companies
The OBS works with Icelandic business organizations, including the Trade Council of Iceland. The OBS works at strengthening the competitive position of Icelandic companies on international markets by providing specialised commercial services in Icelandic embassies.
OBS advisers can open doors for companies in the relevant regions, inter alia by assisting them to overcome difficult culture and language problems in different markets.
Specialized trade counsellors are posted in six embassies abroad, i.e. in the USA, Great Britain, France, China, Russia and Germany. Additionally, core trade services are provided in the embassies in Belgium, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden.
Services provided by the OBS
Tariffs and duties
- Rules of origin
- Establishing a business in Germany,Poland, Switzerland, Croatia
- Contact and communication with authorities
- Information about technical and any other trade barriers
- Market information from public sources
- Partner search, Networking
- PR and marketing events
- Trade delegations
- Information on potential partners for cooperation
- Exhibitions and trade-related events
- Listing of companies and business contacts
- Arrange business meetings and follow-up
For more information contact:
Ruth Bobrich, Trade Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org