Visa for Transit
In order to ensure quick and efficient visa processing you must prepare all necessary documentation before you submit the application package to the Embassy. Failing to submit all relevant documentation will result in unnecessary delays or refusal. Therefore, please do not approach the visa reception before you have collected all supporting documentation. Personal appearance is requested.
Document Checklist for Transit Schengen visa.
- Passport, valid at least 90 days after expiry of the visa. Must have at least 2 blank pages.
- Copy of applicants identity card.
- 1 “Schengen Visa Application Form” duly completed. Original required.
- 1 passport photo.
- Travel Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro (300,000 CNY) for the effective stay in the Schengen area. Original and copy.
- Letter or certificate confirming employment or school stating a) applicant name, b) position, c) guarantee of leave and d) travel dates. Please include a) address, b) telephone numbers, c) seal and signature of the company or the school. If the applicant is unemployed a notarised non-criminal record is required. If applicant is retired a retirement certificate is required (original, copy and English translation).
In a case of minors travelling: A written consent of both parents (either personally given at the Embassy/Consulate or certified by a notary public).
In case of divorced parents: Divorce certificate with proof of custody in original.
- Visa for the end destination
- Flight ticket reservation and transit hotel reservation.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport identity page (incl. extension data if applicable).
- Copy of all pages with content of the applicant’s Hukou.
- Visa fee: EUR 60 in accordance with montlhy exchange rate.