Visa for Business visit
In order to ensure quick and efficient visa processing you must prepare all necessary documentation before you submit the application package to the Embassy. Failing to submit all relevant documentation will result in unnecessary delays or refusal. Therefore, please do not approach the visa reception before you have collected all supporting documentation. Personal appearance is requested.
Document Checklist for Schengen business visa.
- Passport, valid at least 90 days after expiry of the visa. Must have at least 2 blank.
- Copy of the applicant's identity card. (original to be shown)
- “Schengen Visa Application Form” duly completed. Original required.
1 passport photo.
- In colour, 3 x 4 cm (approx. 1.2 x 1.6 inch)
- Facing forward, white background
When applying for a visa for multiple visits: reservation of the first visit. Attention: A confirmed return ticket. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been issued!
Proof of accommodation
For the whole duration of the intended stay in the territory of the member states of the Schengen area.
- Travel Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro (300,000 CNY) for the effective stay in the Schengen area. Original and copy.
- Original dispatch letter (incl. English translation) from the Chinese company. The letter must include a) applicants name, b) address, c) telephone number, d) position, e) travel dates, f) subject and g) duration of the intended business activity. The letter must be signed and stamped by the company management. Original required.
- Business license of the applicant's company in Chinese and English. Copy accepted but original needs to be shown
Invitation letter (original or PDF print accepted) from the business partner(s) in the Schengen area in English or Icelandic including a) letterhead, b) address, c) telephone, email and website. d) signature.
The letter must state the travel dates, intended duration and purpose of the stay incl. itinerary.
NOTE: It is required that the invitation letter is also e-mailed as a PDF document including signature from the Icelandic inviter directly to the Embassy(email@example.com)
- Copy of the applicant's passport identity page (incl. extension data if applicable).
Proof of financial means/solvency for the stay in Iceland. May be included in a separate letter or the invitation- or dispatch letter as a paragraph. Bank statements from the last 3 to 6 months,no deposits.
- Proof of the solvency of your (employer's) company, if the company pays the costs of travel and living; or
- Proof of your personal solvency, in case personally covering the costs of travel and living
- Proof of solvency for employees:
a sealed copy of the business licence of employing company
a letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
address, telephone and fax numbers of the company
the name and position in the company of the countersigning officer
the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service
approval for leave or absence
- Visa fee: EUR 60 in accordance with montlhy exchange rate.
Non-Chinese citizens are required to submit copy of valid Chinese residence permit.
If you fail to supply the necessary documents mentioned above, the decision-making process of your case may be delayed.
The Embassy may call you for additional documents or information if necessary.