Culture and Heritage
The Consulate´s most important function is towards the tens of thousands of people of Icelandic descent who live in Manitoba and Western Canada to help them stay in touch with their history and heritage by giving information and facilitating cultural events.
Promotion of Icelandic culture, heritage and history continue to be important factors in the mission in Winnipeg. Every year artists, scholars and authors visit western Canada to share their art and expertise with the people of Icelandic descent.
- Icelandic National League of North of America with links to local Clubs
- New Iceland Heritage Museum, Gimli
- Lögberg - Heimskringla, the Icelandic Bi-Weekly Newspaper
- The Icelandic Canadian Magazine
- The Icelandic Emigration Centre, Iceland
- The Icelandic Festival of Manitoba
- University of Manitoba Icelandic Language Department