Welcome to Iceland
Iceland offers a wide choice of experiences for the traveller, regardless of when you visit the country. Every season has its own unique charm and there are always opportunities to experience new things, discover beauty and be mesmerized by the freshness and colours of nature. Every season will leave you with a host of unforgettable memories.
Established in 1944, the Republic of Iceland joined the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in 1970 and signed a bilateral Free Trade Agreement with the European Communities in 1972. In 1994, Iceland became fully integrated into the European single market when it joined the European Economic Area (EEA).
Through the EEA Agreement, Iceland has already taken on a large part of the EU´s single market legislation. In fact, 22 of the 35 chapters of all EU legislation has more or less been incorporated into Icelandic legislation, and Iceland participates in various EU programmes
- Nordic Speaker Luncheon
- The Embassy is closed on May 20th
- Estonia offers Iceland facilities in Beijing
- Launch of Icelandic brand Daughter of Jón
- The Prime Ministers of Iceland and China issue a Joint State..
- Light and Shadows from the North - Caput tours China 18-24 M..
- TÖLT - Inspiration Islandpferd: Isländische Ausstellung im F..