Welcome to Iceland
Iceland offers a wide choice of experiences for the traveller, regardless of when you visit the country. Every season has its own unique charm and there are always opportunities to experience new things, discover beauty and be mesmerized by the freshness and colours of nature. Every season will leave you with a host of unforgettable memories.
Established in 1944, the Republic of Iceland joined the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in 1970 and signed a bilateral Free Trade Agreement with the European Communities in 1972. In 1994, Iceland became fully integrated into the European single market when it joined the European Economic Area (EEA).
Through the EEA Agreement, Iceland has already taken on a large part of the EU´s single market legislation. In fact, 22 of the 35 chapters of all EU legislation has more or less been incorporated into Icelandic legislation, and Iceland participates in various EU programmes
- Statement of Iceland at the 22nd special session of the Huma..
- Aurum Jewellery in London
- Infos über den Vulkanausbruch in Island
- Konzert mit Lay Low im Felleshus am 17. September
- "Das Meer" - ein Kinderbuch über das Leben am Meer
- Icelandic Fisheries Exhibition 25.-27. September in Kópavogu..
- Marorka auf der SMM 2014 in Hamburg