Welcome to Iceland
Iceland offers a wide choice of experiences for the traveller, regardless of when you visit the country. Every season has its own unique charm and there are always opportunities to experience new things, discover beauty and be mesmerized by the freshness and colours of nature. Every season will leave you with a host of unforgettable memories.
Established in 1944, the Republic of Iceland joined the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in 1970 and signed a bilateral Free Trade Agreement with the European Communities in 1972. In 1994, Iceland became fully integrated into the European single market when it joined the European Economic Area (EEA).
Through the EEA Agreement, Iceland has already taken on a large part of the EU´s single market legislation. In fact, 22 of the 35 chapters of all EU legislation has more or less been incorporated into Icelandic legislation, and Iceland participates in various EU programmes
- Embassy of Iceland in Vienna closed from 17 to 21 April.
- The embassy is closed during Easter
- This is Sanlitun at the Beijing International Film Festival
- Embassy´s hours during the Easter holidays.
- Statement of Iceland in a meeting in the Commission on Popul..
- The Embassy is closed during Easter
- Öffnungszeiten der Botschaft über Ostern